Green Tech: How to Plan and Implement Sustainable IT Solutions
With today’s electronic systems consuming massive amounts of energy, and improper disposal of old equipment threatening to release dangerous toxicity into the atmosphere, any company whose IT department isn’t actively working to shrink its carbon footprint isn’t just hurting the environment…it is also probably wasting money. Green Tech provides readers with practical, easily implemented strategies for sustainable computing, showing them how to:
- build a business case to influence their organization’s green strategy
- reduce costs and improve equipment utilization while maintaining current customer service levels
- identify old equipment at all levels, as well as suitable green replacements
- virtualize servers
- find alternative methods for data center cooling
- conduct an energy audit and establish an energy baseline
- determine the best options for recycling or donating old equipment
Filled with realistic, cost-efficient ideas, this book shows that going green isn’t just the right thing to do, but also a good business strategy.
This book can be purchased from Amazon.